Here are our top tips to keep your skin healthy and glowing all summer long
Whether you are soaking up the rays in sunny Spain or simply enjoying the great British summer, these tips will ensure your skin is looking its best.
- Apply your SPF – Hopefully it’s something you are doing all year round but make sure you are applying your chosen SPF every single day and keeping topped up throughout the day. If you are exposed to prolonged sunshine then the ideal is to reapply every 2 hours. This way you know that SPF is giving you full protection. Also make sure you apply enough!! 2 fingers for a face and neck.
Our favourite SPF for summer is Heliocare 360 Oil Free Gel which is a super lightweight SPF that doesn’t leave a sticky feeling associated with SPF’s. If you prefer a tinted SPF try the Heliocare Suntouch Gel SPF50 which had a hint of colour that adjusts to your skintone.
- Antioxidants – We love antioxidants but especially this time of year. Using a brigade of antioxidants will help to protect you against all sorts of factors that affect the skin such as light, pollution, and toxins. Think of antioxidants like bubble wrap or a shield for your skin to fight off all the stressors that can make the skin dull and age quicker.
Antioxidants are found naturally in food so eating the rainbow of fruits and veggies (especially cooked tomatoes to protect against sunburn) can give you a natural boost. Taking an antioxidant supplement such as Skin Antioxidant or Skin Vit C can help to protect your skin from the inside out. Particularly helpful if you are prone to sun damage and pigmentation. Also applying Antioxidant Defence Crème which is packed full of a brigade of antioxidants to protect, nourish and give the skin a healthy glow.
- Cleansing Correctly – If you find that your skin is slightly oilier at this time of year swapping to a light foaming wash may help to dissolve any extra oil. Swap your Mild Cleansing lotion to Low Foam Cleansing Gel for the summer months which will leave the skin feeling more balanced. You also may need to double cleanse if you have layered your sun cream throughout the day.
- Slow down your usage – If you are using AHA products it may be time to slow down the usage when you’re in direct sunlight. Either leave your AHA product just for evening use, or cut down the amount of times applying. If you are still looking to give the skin a light exfoliation a nice alternative is to use Dual action Pre-Cleansing Oil with a layer of Clay Masque over the top and gently friction into the skin. This gives the skin a micro-exfoliation, mops up excess oil and leaves the skin with a healthy glow.
- Carry on using your Vitamin A – One of the biggest influencers on depleting Vitamin A in the skin is UV rays so it is important to use all year round! You may have heard that you shouldn’t use Vitamin A in sunshine. This is only relevant to certain types of Vitamin A. All of your Environ Vitamin A products should absolutely be used!!
As always we’re here to guide you on your skincare journey so feel free to book a consultation with me so I can give you the best recommendations and advice.
We hope you all have a super summer and stay sun safe