How Can Sugar Affect Your Skin?
This time of year is delicious! The chocolate eggs, the hot cross buns, it’s sugar galore but did you know sugar can have a negative effect on the skin!
I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news but sugar speeds up the ageing process by causing something called glycation.
Glycation is where the sugars attach to proteins such as collagen and elastin and makes them brittle and break down easier. This results in speeding up the ageing process and seeing more lines and wrinkles.
Fear not there are things you can do to slow down this process…
- The most obvious one…reduce sugar intake! Swap your milk chocolate to a high percentage dark chocolate which has far less sugar and is rich in antioxidants that are actually beneficial for the skin!
- Take Skin Collagen Synergy which can slow down the glycation process and help build healthy collagen! Skin Collagen Synergy contains 4 supplements to promote and protect collagen production.
- Use skincare rich in antioxidants. If you’re using AVST 1-5 or C-Quence 1-4 these are full of a brigade of antioxidants to protect the skin
- Use a peptide-rich serum. Elixir or Serience serum are two of our favourite peptide-rich serums perfect for protecting and preventing collagen breakdown.
- Last but not least, take a probiotic such as Skin Youth Biome which will help to restore the microbiome which will help skin to be healthier and happier.
So hopefully we’ve given you some ‘eggcellent’ tips to help your skin over Easter.
But one egg won’t hurt, so enjoy!!